Monday 5 September 2016

The Interview (Part 2)

Continued from The Interview (Part 1)..

After the first round of interview in a confused state of mind, I gave myself some time and relaxed. Early in the morning today, I got an idea to call Mr. Mind and Mr. Heart to give a case study and test their decision making abilities.

So I called both of them and asked to remain present together. I would narrate them a case study and they were supposed to give their suitable solutions and suggestions as the story in case study proceeds.



The case study was something like..

"You are travelling in bus for a long journey. The destination town is unknown and would take route by passing through 2 villages. Each village would symbolize something or give a hint about the destination town."

I asked both of them for any queries or requirement to travel ?

Mind asked "Sir, answers of this case study would confirm my job ?  How much would be the approximate distance ?  Would the journey be safe ?  The bus would be air conditioned or not ?  What is to be done after reaching the town ?"

I was flooded by question from Mr Mind and was feeling irritated to answer. His decision making was based on logic and wanted to know the benefits of travelling the the unknown town.

Mr. Heart on the other hand was sitting quietly without any questions or anxiety. He simply said he would be ready to travel.

This is the basic difference between mind and heart. Mind requires logic and thinks of his benefits in every situation while the heart remains patient and calm. The mind creates a mass of questions and overthinking which leads to more ambiguities and doubts.

I moved ahead narrating the case study further and added  "The 1st village that passed was very shabby, the roads were in a poor condition, the people roaming around were dirty and dressed in a strange manner." 

 I asked both the candidates about their views. Mr. Mind started by giving his immature judgement saying " Sir, I think we should not continue the journey as the 1st village gives some clue that the destination city would be very dirty and there would be no benefit in reaching there. We must analyse this situation to come some conclusion and return back."

I asked Mr. Heart about his stand on this situation. He said, "Sir, I don't judge or decide on a single statement. I would like to proceed further with patience and positive approach and readiness to face unfavourable consequences. What matters for me is the destination and goal rather than any other immaterial factors or situations."

I was happy to hear that reply from Heart as he showed the positive intent and matured behavior.

I further added, "We have reached the 2nd village and found it was very clean, the people around the village were decent and well mannered. The village was well developed and had many houses that were painted fresh and colourful. The village was follower of laws and rules."

Before I ask anything, Mind started, Sir, I would change my previous decision and would like to move ahead towards the destination The village is so good and being more close to the destination, I think the destination town would be more beautiful worth visiting. I am eager to reach the destination. We must take a shortcut way to reach faster."

I was left wondering how mind changed the decision and got attracted towards the beauty of village and again reacted in an immature way and prejudged the result. As he described himself in the first interview round that he is logical, quick decision maker, analytical and fast decision maker, he showed all his characteristics here. But he was more confused and changed his statements & judgement with change in situations.

Now I was eager to listen to Mr. Heart's reply. He said, "Sir, I would still not judge the 2nd village and still have a same feeling to move ahead without giving more importance to this village. I feel our goal is yet to be achieved and we must focus on the same with same positive intent ."



I was happy and getting near to my decision of choice making and choosing any one out of the two.

Then I moved further in the case study and said, "The destination town is called LIFE, where Mr. Mind has proved to be more effective and powerful for success. On the other hand Mind was always changing and confusing and sometimes immature. The decisions and statement coming from Heart were full of patience and positive, while Mind give you mixed statement based on favoutable and unfavourable situation.

I undoubtedly chose Mr. heart based on above situations and his approach for the ever lasting job. I would always ask Mr. Heart for any decisions to be made for success.


WHO DO YOU CHOOSE ???


Dear Readers, I hope you would have enjoyed this blog. I enjoy putting my views on this blog and feeling lucky to have reader like you.

Don't forget to post your comment in the comment box below. You can also subscribe to this blog. Circulate link of this blog to your friends and colleagues to share and discuss ideas.

-Kushal

No comments:

Post a Comment