Sunday 4 September 2016

The Interview (Part 1)

I had a new recruitment for a very important profile of DECISION MAKING. The decision of what is right and what is wrong, the decision of what is done and what needed to be done, the decision to prioritize between action and thoughts.

I had 2 eligible candidates for this post and I had to make a best choice between them. The name of candidates were
1. Mr. Mind
&
2. Mr. Heart

Both the candidates looked promising. I opened the Resume of both the candidates. But I could not judge their who was best for me. So I decided to call them one by one.

I called Mr. Mind for the initial discussion. He came in and asked for a seat. I did not plan any questions to be asked so I started with "Say something about yourself" like majority of interviewers start.

Mr. Mind started with "Good Morning sir. I am Mr. Mind, I remain on top of everyone. I am a quick to react, instant decision maker and smart enough to tackle difficult situations and available 24×7. I have an ability to think on various matters at a single point  of time. I make decisions based on various analysis. I use various logic tools and judge situations. I have an award of quick decision making with applied shortcuts. I have a degree in  Masters of Logic and hence I think I am the perfect choice for everyone."

I said "Ok. That is enough for your introduction. You can wait outside till I call you again."

He described about his qualities, personality, achievements and capacity. But did not tell anything about his carrier path and where he wants to reach in life. But he looked energetic initially.



Then I called Mr. Heart and asked him the same question "Say something about yourself."
Mr. Heart started with "Good morning sir. I am Mr. Heart. Thank you for giving me opportunity to be here. I am a silent sort of person and try to focus on what is the right way to act. I believe in slow but concrete decision making. I believe in God and make decisions in an ethical manner. I have a quality to highlight what is right and what is wrong and my decisions are based on the same principles. My decisions are well judged but sometimes tough to implement. But I am confident of success in long term."

I said, "You may wait for my next call".

Mr. Heart looked like a person of values and ethics, he was composed and calm in approach. He seemed to be totally opposite personality from Mr. Mind.

One thing that pinched me about Mr. Heart was that he can focus on one thing at a time and seemed a bit slow. On the other side Mr. Mind had an ability to multi task, apply shortcuts to achieve success and uses more of logic into his job.


I was more confused as both the candidates were totally different personalities and it was difficult to judge which one of them would give me success. I was not sure how to evaluate and what to do next. So I asked both of them to take a  leave and wait for my next telephonic call.

I has a feeling that it was going to be a tough but interesting interview to evaluate and select between 2 different but effective personalities. Let us see what happens next. When the first round of interview was so interesting, I feel excited for the coming round of interviews.

This is it for this blog. next round of interview to be conducted within 24 hours. Stay tuned to the blog. You can also subscribe through email or bookmark my blog page http://kushal9049.blogspot.com

Translation in other languages are also open now.

-Kushal

No comments:

Post a Comment