Wednesday 21 September 2016

As It Happened

Today I will present before you a real life incident that had happened with me. This incident has changed my perception.

I was in the last age of being called a Teenager. I clearly remember it was a vacation of Diwali when I was busy all day in roaming and playing. Me and my street-friends used to play cricket in the evening on the ground and use to play volleyball post dinner on the street which was closed ended from the other side. There were flats and houses on the sides of street followed by a provision store.


At the other end of the street there lived a 78 years old lady in a small hut. She was always dressed dirty and her hairs uncombed. At this age she could hardly stand erect. She was half bend with a thin wooden stick in her hands. She used to clean roads and street in the morning and earn her living. She had a habit to come out of her house at around 10 pm and sit aside seeing everyone enjoying and going out.

Image result for old lady with stick

Me and my friends were resting after the volley ball match and were standing aside. The old lady passed through us. There was not enough light on the street except the dim street light. We all saw the lady walking slowly with stick on her hand and other hand on her back. It seemed to us that she was finding something on the street.


I could not resist and asked her in an immatured tone of prank "What are you finding old lady ? Its not your age to roam out at night to find something."
My friends laughed and said she might be finding money or food.


The lady did not answer or react to our words and continued to walk as if she did not hear anything. One of the friend said may be she could not hear now.

Image result for make it count

We got busy in out talks again and again sat aside. The lady turned and uttered in a low voice. She called me and said "SON, I AM FINDING MY YOUTH ON THESE STREETS. I WAS ALSO YOUNG LIKE YOU ONCE. CHARMING, BEAUTIFUL, ENERGETIC, JOYFUL AND TALENTED. NOW THAT I AM GOING THROUGH MY LAST FEW MONTHS OF LIFE, I SEE MY YOUTH IN YOU ALL.. LIVE YOUR LIFE IN THE BEST WAY YOU CAN.. I REPENT ON MANY THINGS & I DON'T WANT YOU TO REPENT LATER.. GIVE A MEANING TO YOUR LIFE AND ADD VALUE IN IT.. GO MY SON, YOUR FRIENDS ARE WAITING FOR YOU..


She said the above and started walking at the tortoise speed towards the other end. I walked with her holding her hand and took her towards the hut and returned.


Her words were revolving all over my mind. It had attacked my mind and melted my heart. Firstly I felt very sorry for my words and the comment I passed on her. And then her words left me in tears. I ran towards my home and thought to how helpless people are at the old age. I would also have to repent like the lady ??


I made up my mind to make my every moment and effort count and do the best I can before I get older and give myself no chance to repent for what I have not achieved in life.

Don't forget to comment and subscribe.

-Kushal

No comments:

Post a Comment